Finally it’s here, so sorry folks for the delay, it’s been a busy weekend but an interesting one as for the first time, I tried sushi! After a lovely dinner with my dear friends, she served us home made sushi for starters! So yummy, that I am considering learning it and making my own recipe and showing you guys here on WordPress.
So here is my video tutorial and recipe of my family recipe of Carrot Cake!
Prep time: 20mins
- 3 carrots grated
- 1lb. plain flour (16ozs/2cups)
- 2tsps. baking powder
- 2tsps. cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- 210ml vegetable/sunflower oil (NOT olive oil)
- 210ml milk
- 2tbsps. honey
- 8ozs. sugar (1cup)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 350 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 4.
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl.
- In large mixing bowl add your grated carrots and then add the beaten eggs, mix.
- Add your oil, milk and sugar and mix until combined.
- Next add your plain flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add your 2tbsps of honey now and stir.
- Lastly pour your mixture over a prepared greased baking tray and place in oven for 40minutes. If you want a thin-ish soft layer of carrot cake, I recommend using a wide baking tray to spread an even thin layer (which is what I prefer) or if you like a thick cake texture use a smaller baking tray.
- Serve warm with some icing sugar sprinkled on top!
Any questions feel free to comment.
Don’t forget we are also on Facebook and Twitter! @thewanderincook