As you might of noticed in my previous post about my scrummy Eid Boxes, they contained home made carrot cake (which there is a video tutorial available here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iemiz48dkAw&feature=BFa&list=ULT5Grddo3mzA
But also had home-made chocolate chip cookies, they were my first time making them so that’s why I didn’t do a video tutorial as yet just in case they didn’t come out nice!
To my surprise, they were delicious and were praised immensely by family and neighbors.
So for that reason here is the recipe and a video tutorial will be in the making!
- 2/3 cups melted butter
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar (I used Demara for the first time which you can still use but lightly packed sugar is much better – it’s like the difference between Granulated and Castor sugar, one is much finer than the other so the texture will be better)
- 2 eggs
- 2tbsps. hot water
- 1/2tsp. baking powder
- 2 2/3cups plain flour
- pinch of salt
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water.
- Next stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. Notice how the mixture has become similar to dough.
- Mix in your chocolate chips.
- Now start placing small round circles into a greased baking tray, what I did was gather a small piece of the mixture and roll into a ball using the palms of your hands. Then gently squash it to create a flat round circle. Note: do NOT make them big, as they will double in size in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15minutes in hot oven.
- Take out of oven and serve warm with milk!