I know this is off topic but a month ago I came across a home made remedy for Winter colds/flu’s. It’s seemed very simple and lasts for 3months in the fridge so decided to give it a try!
What you need:
- Fresh cut ginger
- Slices of lemon
- Dried Mint – I decided to add this ingredient in even though it wasn’t on the website, but knew that mint is very good in combating the common cold especially taken in the early stages
- Add the sliced ginger and lemon into a jar with the dried mint (I put about 1/2 tsp)
- Pour honey on top till it covers the lemon and ginger
- Place in the fridge and the honey will solidify making a jelly texture
- Then whenever you feel your coming down with something especially with the Winter month’s ahead of us, take a spoonful of the jelly, place into your favorite mug and add hot water and stir until it dissolves.
- Then drink! 🙂
Because I was running low on honey and I wanted to make 2 jars for family, I decided to only do half a jar but you can easily fill the honey up to the top with the lemon and ginger slices.