After noticing that 2 banana’s beginning to go dark in colour, I decided to try out banana cake for the first time! And having fresh free range duck eggs in my fridge, I decided to use them – my parents have a poultry farm with chickens and ducks!
Outcome: a very light and fluffy texture, and my new cake addiction! There’s 2 more ripe banana’s in the fruit bowl that has made me tempted to make more banana cake!!
Cooking time: 35minutes
- 1 egg – beaten
- 125g butter
- 150g castor sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mash
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius
- Prepare your ingredients by mashing your banana’s in a separate bowl and beating your egg in another separate bowl.
- Melt your butter over medium heat
- Once melted, add in your sugar and mix well
- Remove from heat and add in your mash banana’s – I used an electric mixer from here on-wards, I find it helps create that light and fluffy texture!!
- Next add in your beaten egg and mix again.
- Then mix in the flour and milk until fully combined.
- Pour into a prepared tin – I didn’t have a baking tin so used my roasting tin – still came out lovely!
- Bake in hot oven fro 35 minutes.