Now I for one do not like wasting food! If there’s a little bit of green mold on piece of bread, just take that bit off and continue eating. Or even just break the bread into pieces and toast them under the grill and use them in soup.
If milk is just beginning to go off, turn it into cheese by boiling it with some lemon juice!
So for this recipe, I had some pitta breads that were beginning to get moldy I decided to make home made garlic bread out of them from a recipe inspired by the free food magazine in my local Co-operative supermarket. And the results were delicious! A great side to any dish.
- your leftover pitta bread or any type of bread
- 100g butter
- 1/4tsp. chilli flakes
- 1/2tsp. dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cut your pitta bread into slices, I choose triangles.
- Next, in a frying pan, add your butter, garlic cloves (thinly sliced) and fry until butter has melted and garlic is covered by the butter.
- Add in your chilli flakes and dried basil and stir.
- Next with a small spoon/pastry brush, coat your bread with the garlic butter and place in a hot oven for 10minutes.
- Serve warm!
Don’t forget I’m also on Facebook! >>> http://www.facebook.com/thewanderingcok786
Any questions feel free to comment below and I’ll do my best to answer as soon as poss.
Let me know how you get on with making these and the best thing is, on the frying stage you can add other things aswell as dried basil, such as mixed herbs, coriander powder, dried mint, olive oil..etc.