As some of you might know, I’ll be off to Cyprus next week so this week I will be trying my best to uploaded as many recipes including requested ‘Turkish Chickpea Rice’ which hopefully will be up soon also.
For this post, I wanted to show you all an easy way to make chocolate pudding with simple ingredients from your cupboard and no eggs needed!
I came across this recipe when I had family staying over for the week and we all craved something chocolatey! And since I had no eggs in the fridge and the nearest supermarket is 5miles away from me, I had to research hard on what to make. Till I came across the most yummiest and delicious chocolate dessert that any chocolate-craving fanatic would love and satisfy their craving!
I have made this countless times and easy time it comes out a bit different but still with the same rich taste. I have also tweaked it a bit but you don’t have to be too fussy with the measurements.
Cooking time: 35mins
- 100grams butter (doesn’t have to be unsalted, I use salted as that’s what was in my fridge!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsps. cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup milk
For the last stage of the method, ingredients needed:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tbsps. cocoa powder
- 2 cups. boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (Gas mark 4/350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Do not overmelt.
- Once butter is melted, place into large bowl.
- Next add your sugar and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Next add in your flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place into a baking dish. Make sure the baking dish isn’t too large otherwise the chocolate pudding will just be a thin layer. Not too small either as the step where you add 2 cups of boiling water will boil over the dish, we need this water for the mixture to soak it up and turn into chocolate sauce at the base of the pudding!
- I used a oval Pyrex baking dish measuring: 10 inches wide (not including the handles) x 3 inches deep.
- Now with your extra ingredients that you have set aside, cover the mixture with the 4bsps. cocoa powder and 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Now it might seem weird, but now add 2 cups of boiling water! Use a ladle to gentle add the water on top.
- Now add into the hot oven for 35minutes.
- You’ll notice that the water at the top will now be at the base as chocolate sauce and the mixture would be cooked and on the top.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Tip: always nice with a generous pour of double cream. Mmmmm…
Whereas you can find The Wandering Cook786
Facebook, where I always give a sneak peek of whats to come before posting on my blog:
YouTube, where you can find video tutorials of my recipes
Twitter, where you can tweet me your versions of Chocolate Pudding or any other recipe on here!
xxx Mea xxx