After many experiments with the carrot cake recipe, I have amended it in a way to make it much more tasty and yummy!
I remember as a child that each time this cake was made, it always came out different.
So after the celebration of Eid, I found making this cake with only 2 eggs (rather than 3), with 170ml of oil (instead of 210ml) and 30minutes in oven (rather than 40minutes) is much more better!
How did your carrot cake turn out?
Categories: Desserts, Passed down through family, Sweden
Tags: amend, carrot cake, cooking, eid, food, recipe, thewanderingcook786, tutorial, YouTube
Finally it’s here, so sorry folks for the delay, it’s been a busy weekend but an interesting one as for the first time, I tried sushi! After a lovely dinner with my dear friends, she served us home made sushi for starters! So yummy, that I am considering learning it and making my own recipe and showing you guys here on WordPress.
So here is my video tutorial and recipe of my family recipe of Carrot Cake!
Link to Video Tutorial
Prep time: 20mins
- 3 carrots grated
- 1lb. plain flour (16ozs/2cups)
- 2tsps. baking powder
- 2tsps. cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- 210ml vegetable/sunflower oil (NOT olive oil)
- 210ml milk
- 2tbsps. honey
- 8ozs. sugar (1cup)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, 350 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 4.
- Beat the eggs in separate bowl.
- In large mixing bowl add your grated carrots and then add the beaten eggs, mix.
- Add your oil, milk and sugar and mix until combined.
- Next add your plain flour, cinnamon and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add your 2tbsps of honey now and stir.
- Lastly pour your mixture over a prepared greased baking tray and place in oven for 40minutes. If you want a thin-ish soft layer of carrot cake, I recommend using a wide baking tray to spread an even thin layer (which is what I prefer) or if you like a thick cake texture use a smaller baking tray.
- Serve warm with some icing sugar sprinkled on top!
Any questions feel free to comment.
Don’t forget we are also on Facebook and Twitter! @thewanderincook
carrot cake – passed down family recipe!
Categories: Desserts, Passed down through family, Sweden, Uncategorized
Tags: budget, cake, cake desserts, cake recipe, carrot cake, carrot cake recipe, carrots, cooking, delicious, dessert, desserts, easy, family, food, home made, icing sugar, passed down, recipe, step by step, thewanderingcook786, tutorial, world, YouTube
As promised to keep you all updated with my upcoming recipes, my next one up is my own mother’s famous carrot cake recipe!
I remember this carrot cake since childhood, the smell of cinnamon waving in the air from the kitchen always told me that mum has made her delicious carrot cake.
I have also made this carrot cake now and intend to pass it onto my children as well in the future. It’s a great dish for dinner parties, or as a gift also (I just baked some this week to give to a friend when I go visit her this weekend).
It’s an easy all in one recipe where you just put all the ingredients into one bowl, mix and put in the oven (in baking tray of course) and done!
Recipe and video tutorial coming soon!
Place of origin: Sweden!
Categories: Desserts, General, Sweden, Uncategorized
Tags: baking tray, beverage, carrot cake recipe, chocolate, cooking, dessert, DIY, food, hot beverage, hot chocolate, mocha, video tutorial